As any local already knows, Sudbury has so much to offer! In fact, there’s so much going on in this Northern city that we had to drop a “Part ll” to keep you informed about all of the awesome things happening in this mining metropolis. If you find yourself in the Greater Sudbury Area, be sure to make a stop at these great attractions!
When it comes to Science, Sudbury doesn’t kid around! Open during the warmer months, at Dynamic Earth visitors can fill up on all things terra as they dive deep underground to uncover the wonderful world of mining. If above-ground is more your thing, the Dynamic Earth Outdoor Science Park is where you want to be. It’s filled with real mining equipment, caves and even some musical instruments inspired by nature, itself!
Whether you trek the trail system or descend down 7 stories into the darkness, adventure awaits at Dynamic Earth.
Just in case you were worried that life is dull in Northern Ontario -- think again! Sudbury is home to multiple art galleries and theatres, such as the Art Gallery of Sudbury, La Galerie du Nouvel-Ontario, Sudbury Theatre Centre and YES Theatre.
With this many organizations dedicated to fine and performing arts, there’s always something interesting going on in Nickel City. Be sure to check out the ever-changing events calendar here.
• The ground surface of the City of Greater Sudbury covers some 3,627 sq km! (That’s way more than half of Prince Edward Island.)
• If you placed all of the mining tunnels under Sudbury in a straight line, it would take you all the way from Sudbury to Vancouver.
• The area of the municipality that is the City of Greater Sudbury is the largest in Ontario and its the fourth largest on the entire continent!
• Geologically, Sudbury has got it going on, with one of the largest amounts of nickel-copper sulfides on Earth.
• The city has won awards from both the US and the UN for their efforts in reclaiming land.
• Sudbury is all about brain power, with four different post-secondary establishments calling the city home.
It’s clear to see, Sudbury is filled with exciting things! But we don’t have to tell you that. Auto Depot Sudbury is proud to operate in Nickel City -- as we have been for over 25 years! The next time you’re exploring the area, be sure to pop by and let us know what you like best about our great city.